Last Updated: September 7, 2022
vellum Community Guidelines (“Guidelines”) exist to support the healthy use of the vellum mobile application (“vellum app”) and ensure a welcoming, supportive, and inclusive environment for everyone.We aim to foster individual and team wellness through authentic human connection leading to healthier, more joyful lives. To achieve this goal, we require everyone who uses the vellum app to read and act in accordance with the following Guidelines.
● Please hold all that is shared by your teammates in confidence. Trust is critical to ensuring that your teammates feel safe and comfortable sharing how they are feeling.
● Please do not take photographs or screen captures of content shared by your teammates.
● Please refrain from using harmful language.
Being a part of this community means you are agreeing to be a supporting presence for your teammates. There is no room for judgement, criticism, negativity, or hate.
● Please do not share politics or political viewpoints.
● PLEASE DO NOT DISCLOSE PATIENT INFORMATION.
To preserve patient privacy, please be very careful not include any information about the patients in your care or with whom you interact in your shared notes or other communications. The vellum app is not intended for the storage or transmission of protected health information or “PHI” as that term is defined under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 and associated regulations (“HIPAA”), and we shall have no liability whatsoever for any PHI you share in violation of this prohibition.
● If you notice any shared notes that feel inappropriate or disrespect personal boundaries, please report the shared note by clicking on the flag in the post.
● PLEASE KNOW THE VELLUM APP IS NOT INTENDED AS A CRISIS SUPPORT TOOL.
If you’re in immediate physical danger, please contact law enforcement or a suicide hotline for help. If you are going through something difficult and the threat isn’t immediate, there are things you can do right now that might help you:
● Talk to someone.
● Reach out to someone you trust
● Learn about other ways to support yourself.
vellum reserves the right to remove shared notes that are not in alignment with the above Guidelines. There is no specific number of violations that may result in a temporary or permanent ban. With discretion, vellum may deactivate individuals who violate these Guidelines from further participation within the vellum app depending on the severity of the violation.